Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday, March 6, 2014

The ICK factor

Last night, when I went into the refrigerator for a snack, I just so happened to look down at the bottom of the fridge, and noticed it needed to be wiped. So I thought, it would be a good idea for me to do it today. This afternoon when I went in to do my project, I realized I had reached my ICK factor.

The inside of the refrigerator was worse then I thought it was. There were drips and crumbs that had fallen every where, and finger prints galore. As I racked my brain to remember the last time I cleaned inside this refrigerator, I realized I didn't remember when it was. 

Double ICK factor.

So armed with hot soapy water and a rag, I took on the task of cleaning the inside of the appliance, changing the water twice. As I was cleaning the thing out, I wondered how things could get so icky since I'm the only one that uses the appliance.  When did I become so complacent that I didn't notice, for who knows how long, it needed to be done.

So pledging that I will pay more attention to the inside of my chill chest - and not just to get something to eat - I put up a sticky note to the front to clean it once a month. 

Now I will see how long my motivation will last.

No comments: