Wikipedia

Search results

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rest Well My Dear Pet


Meet my cat Houligan. Today I had to put him to rest due to failing health. I knew I had to do it one day, but I always thought he'd be with me a while longer.
Houligan was 13 years old and he was quite a character. He was also a big cat with a squeaky meow, and it always made me laugh everytime he opened his mouth.
I can clearly remember the day I brought him home from the shelter, as though it was yesterday. He was about a year old at the time, and as I was driveing home with my beloved pet, he was twisting and turning, and making all this noise in the carrier in the seat next to me. I looked at him and said, " Shut up you little Houligan!" Hence his name !!!
Houligan's loss hurts just as much as my other pets who went before him, but I know I gave him a good life and loved him the same way a parent loves their human child. My consolation is that I know that he is no longer in pain, and that he'll be waiting for me with the others at the Rainbow Bridge.
Rest well my Big ole Houligan cat. I'll keep you in my heart forever.
Love
Mommie
The Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water,and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing, the each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His eyes are bright and intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross over the Rainbow Bridge together........
Author Unknown

2 comments:

John said...

This is A Special good by to My Black Thanks for being boy, the best and taking Great Care of your Mom... I'll miss you...And Love Ya . Love Dad oooooooo xxxxxxxxx Hugs

John F said...

THANKS FOR BEING THE BEST BLACK BOY KITTY. EVER. THANKS FOR TAKING GREAT CARE OF YOUR MOMMIE YOUR A VERY SPECIAL KITTY, I'LL MISS YOU, AND LOVE YOU ALWAYS,REST IN PEACE LITTLE MAN.YOU WILL BE IN ARE HEARTS FOREVER... LOVE FROM YOUR DAD

XXXXXXXOOOOOOO