Wikipedia

Search results

Friday, February 6, 2009

Smile Center Ad


This morning, before I had to leave for my annual eye appointment, I had seen an ad on the television for a smile center. If one were to log onto their website, you could enter their contest for a $20,000 smile makeover.
After makeing sure I heard right. I thought to myself, " Why wasn't this contest offered 5 years ago when I started my smile makeover? " Because that's what I've spent on my teeth over the past 5 years. Dentistry is quite an expensive thing, especially for me since I opted not to take the crappy dental insurance offered by my work place.
Origianlly I was going to a dentist from my childhood, who just wasn't takeing care of my dental health properly, and it's my opinion but I think he just stopped careing because he had been wanting to retire 3 years before I left his office. So 5 years ago I started going to Dr Lipton, who is by far the most amazing dentist on earth. In fact I should have been in his office 15 years ago, when several of my friends and a cousin had recommended him, but as they say " Live and Learn."
I called Dr. Liptons office to make the inital appointment, I answered all the preliminary questions, and I had mentioned that my teeth just hurt me. So they set me up with an appointment for 2 days later. What impressed me the most about him was when his office manager called me back 30 minutes later, and asked if I could come in that day, Dr Lipton had stated that nobody should have to be in pain. So my adventures in my smile makeover began.
To date, I have had : All the bad fillings from the previous dentist replaced, 3 root canals, one that had to be redone because the previous dentist didn't do it correctly, the other 2 should have been done but were well ignored. Fixed braces to straighten out the crooked teeth, 2 crowns, and a third crown is in the works, a dental implant, with another pending, and I've also had my teeth whitened twice. By the time I get done with my dental appointments this month, I've spent something shy of $20,000 dollars. But it's well worth it because I have a nice smile, and most importantly, my teeth don't hurt !!! YAY !!!
I wonder if I enter that contest from the advertisment on the television and I won it, if I could transfer it over to my Dentists office, kind of like prepaid dentistry?
Blessings and Hugs to all of you !!!

No comments: